3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
J Pope and the HearNow hope that their music will do two things for you: 1. Improve your day, and 2. Refresh your perspective about the lives we all live and the spaces we share. The HearNow’s sound is a musical exploration into the deepest pockets of soul and hip-hop, lined with the dirty sonic lint of funk, as well as the sudden, sometimes unexpected twists of bebop and funk fusion. The music is topped with the lyrics of front woman, J Pope, who ziggs and zaggs between clever lyrical melodies and rapid-fire rhymes with a free-feeling flow and a sophisticated swagger. Let's get some of the swagger to your sidewalk on this beautiful Saturday!
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you.
Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore!
Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020
"The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Performances will occur in Baltimore City. Not in Baltimore City? email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your address is accessible through this program,
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).