Job Title: Box Office Assistant
Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Office Manager
Compensation: $11/ hour
Overview: Box Office Assistants act as ambassadors for Creative Alliance, assist patrons, and help with day to day operations of the box office. This position mainly consists evening and weekend hours during performances, screenings, and special events.
- Process ticket and donation transactions
- Handle cash, checks, and credit card transaction with care and confidentiality
- Enter data, create reports and queries, and maintain Salesforce/Patron Manager database
- Complete daily deposit and close out procedures with accuracy
- Greet all visitors and provide excellent customer service
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls and voicemails
- Handle customer complaints and concerns; address with appropriate staff
- Maintain tidiness of building exterior, lobby, front desk, and main office
- Record daily count of visitors to Creative Alliance
- Assist other staff with administrative tasks as needed including post event clean up.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Outgoing personality who enjoys interacting with people
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Customer Service experience
- Availability to work evenings and weekends; occasional weekday, daytime hours a plus
- Experience managing multi-line phones
- Database experience; Salesforce or Patron Manager preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred
To apply email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
Creative Alliance Theater Technician
The Creative Alliance, a non-profit multi-purpose arts center located in Southeast, Baltimore, has a job opening for a part time Theater Technician with strong audio and some lighting / projection experience for our black box theater.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience mixing live audio (both FOH and monitors) using digital consoles.
- Familiarity with, and enjoyment of, diverse genres of music; from bluegrass to jazz, hip hop & world genres.
- Moderate physical strength needed to set up and break down portable staging and ladders, lift speakers and lights.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work comfortably and safely at height.
- Basic stagecraft skills, including familiarity with patching a stage, setting up backline, simple rigging, electrical theory, cable running and proper coiling, carpentry, using power tools, equipment troubleshooting & repair.
- Must be able to work on a team with performers, Technical Director, Performance Director, other Theater Techs, Event Managers, Operations Director, caterers and volunteers.
- Should be comfortable with & respectful of individuals from all backgrounds and enjoy working with very diverse programming.
Highly valued but not required (can train):
- Ability to run stage lighting, including basic lighting design, fixture hanging and focus as well as video projection equipment.
- Familiarity with Soundcraft Si Expression mixing board, ETC Express lighting console, Powerpoint and other MS Office apps, Mac OS and iTunes
To apply email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org