Creative Alliance Theater Technician
The Creative Alliance, a non-profit multi-purpose arts center located in Southeast, Baltimore, has a job opening for a part time Theater Technician with strong audio and some lighting / projection experience for our black box theater.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience mixing live audio (both FOH and monitors) using digital consoles.
- Familiarity with, and enjoyment of, diverse genres of music; from bluegrass to jazz, hip hop & world genres.
- Moderate physical strength needed to set up and break down portable staging and ladders, lift speakers and lights.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work comfortably and safely at height.
- Basic stagecraft skills, including familiarity with patching a stage, setting up backline, simple rigging, electrical theory, cable running and proper coiling, carpentry, using power tools, equipment troubleshooting & repair.
- Must be able to work on a team with performers, Technical Director, Performance Director, other Theater Techs, Event Managers, Operations Director, caterers and volunteers.
- Should be comfortable with & respectful of individuals from all backgrounds and enjoy working with very diverse programming.
Highly valued but not required (can train):
- Ability to run stage lighting, including basic lighting design, fixture hanging and focus as well as video projection equipment.
- Familiarity with Soundcraft Si Expression mixing board, ETC Express lighting console, Powerpoint and other MS Office apps, Mac OS and iTunes
To apply email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Alliance Street Team Members
CONTACT: Samantha Mitchell, Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Join the Creative Alliance Street Team! Help us distribute our promotional material about our fantastic, innovative performances, screenings, exhibitions, family and community programs, and art workshops for kids and adults. Benefits: you’ll receive comps to our programs and get discounts on our workshops and support local arts and artists in Baltimore.
Transportation needed (car or bicycle).
Dedication to the arts and community required.