Program Assistant Job Opening- Creative Alliance OST at Tench Tilghman
Job Title: Program Assistant
Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Site Directors and Site Coordinator
Site: Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School
Address: 600 N Patterson Park Ave
Hire Date: ASAP
Overview: We provide comprehensive after school and summer art programs to students in grades K-8. In our comprehensive after school program, students receive homework help, art enrichment, exercise, snack and supper. We partner with art organizations and teaching artists to provide artistic enrichment activities, including theatre, African drumming, music, dance, visual arts, dance intramural sports and photography!
Principal Responsibilities: Program assistants support lead teachers with actively engaging students, managing the classroom and completing daily learning objectives.
- Promote the mission and goals of Creative Alliance
- Be actively engaged with students at all times during the program
- Ensure students transition between classes in an orderly fashion that provide youth leadership opportunities
- Assist Lead Instructor with academic and enrichment classes that are personalized to the student and lead up to a public presentation or demonstration
- Assist lead teachers with daily objectives and actively participate in lessons
- Assist in setting up after school program space
- Log attendance, snack and supper per student
- Log behavior for each student daily in provided forms
- Clean up after meals and snack
- Report all concerns regarding youth performance to supervisor
- Report all incidents regarding behavior and safety protocols to supervisor
- Assist students in organizing their own supplies and cleaning up
- Attend trainings and professional development workshops
- Other duties as assigned by coordinator, co-directors and Creative Alliance leadership
- Passion for arts and education
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s education mission
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with students and teachers
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Creative Alliance Theater Technician
The Creative Alliance, a non-profit multi-purpose arts center located in Southeast, Baltimore, has a job opening for a part time Theater Technician with strong audio and some lighting / projection experience for our black box theater.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience mixing live audio (both FOH and monitors) using digital consoles.
- Familiarity with, and enjoyment of, diverse genres of music; from bluegrass to jazz, hip hop & world genres.
- Moderate physical strength needed to set up and break down portable staging and ladders, lift speakers and lights.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work comfortably and safely at height.
- Basic stagecraft skills, including familiarity with patching a stage, setting up backline, simple rigging, electrical theory, cable running and proper coiling, carpentry, using power tools, equipment troubleshooting & repair.
- Must be able to work on a team with performers, Technical Director, Performance Director, other Theater Techs, Event Managers, Operations Director, caterers and volunteers.
- Should be comfortable with & respectful of individuals from all backgrounds and enjoy working with very diverse programming.
Highly valued but not required (can train):
- Ability to run stage lighting, including basic lighting design, fixture hanging and focus as well as video projection equipment.
- Familiarity with Soundcraft Si Expression mixing board, ETC Express lighting console, Powerpoint and other MS Office apps, Mac OS and iTunes
To apply email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org