Overview: The Office Manager is responsible for reception, box office, and front of house during daytime hours and provides administrative and marketing support for all departments of the organization.
General Admin 40%
- Greet all visitors and provide excellent customer service
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls and voicemails, emails, and mail
- Manage volunteer program including recruitment, orientation, scheduling, and supervision
- Maintain and troubleshoot office equipment and train staff on use
- Maintain tidiness of building exterior, lobby, front desk, and main office
- Maintain inventory of office supplies
- Coordinate daily count of visitors to Creative Alliance
- Assist senior staff with administrative tasks as needed
- Attend and assist with special events as needed (Staff retreat, Halloween Parade, Light City, Marquee Ball, etc.)
Box Office 30%
- Enter data, create reports and queries, and maintain Salesforce/Patron Manager database
- Process ticket and donation transactions
- Generate acknowledgement letters for donors
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise part-time box office staff
- Complete daily deposit and close out procedures with accuracy and care
Marketing Support 30%
- Update and maintain Creative Alliance website and web banners
- Update slideshow for lobby and pre-shows
- Ensure flyers on main desk and lobby are up to date, printed, and organized
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- 1-2 years of box office and administrative experience
- Bachelors’ Degree or 3 -4 years of above experience
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Interest in Community Arts and knowledge of local arts organizations
- Ability to work Tues – Sat, 11am – 7pm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite; Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience managing multi-line phones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service background and skills
- Database experience required; Salesforce or Patron Manager preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Alliance Theater Technician
The Creative Alliance, a non-profit multi-purpose arts center located in Southeast, Baltimore, has a job opening for a part time Theater Technician with strong audio and some lighting / projection experience for our black box theater.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience mixing live audio (both FOH and monitors) using digital consoles.
- Familiarity with, and enjoyment of, diverse genres of music; from bluegrass to jazz, hip hop & world genres.
- Moderate physical strength needed to set up and break down portable staging and ladders, lift speakers and lights.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work comfortably and safely at height.
- Basic stagecraft skills, including familiarity with patching a stage, setting up backline, simple rigging, electrical theory, cable running and proper coiling, carpentry, using power tools, equipment troubleshooting & repair.
- Must be able to work on a team with performers, Technical Director, Performance Director, other Theater Techs, Event Managers, Operations Director, caterers and volunteers.
- Should be comfortable with & respectful of individuals from all backgrounds and enjoy working with very diverse programming.
Highly valued but not required (can train):
- Ability to run stage lighting, including basic lighting design, fixture hanging and focus as well as video projection equipment.
- Familiarity with Soundcraft Si Expression mixing board, ETC Express lighting console, Powerpoint and other MS Office apps, Mac OS and iTunes
To apply email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Creative Alliance Street Team Members
CONTACT: Samantha Mitchell, Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Join the Creative Alliance Street Team! Help us distribute our promotional material about our fantastic, innovative performances, screenings, exhibitions, family and community programs, and art workshops for kids and adults. Benefits: you’ll receive comps to our programs and get discounts on our workshops and support local arts and artists in Baltimore.
Transportation needed (car or bicycle).
Dedication to the arts and community required.