Youth Education at the Creative Alliance
Creative Alliance provides arts education to youth in after-school, enrichment, and summer programs. Children and youth build their artistic voices and help shape their intellect under the leadership of professional teaching artists. With rising demand for the Creative Alliance’s innovative arts education programs, our offerings have expanded to year-round visual and performing art opportunities in schools, library branches, community centers and festivals. We reach over 2,500 youth per year through our education programs in Baltimore City and beyond. We promote Baltimore as a center for creative production, act as a positive force in our community, and advocate for cultural expression rooted in a sense of place.
Creative Alliance’s Youth Education Programs empower young people to engage fearlessly in the creative and artistic process. We present culturally rich arts education programs that teach individuals to solve problems, think critically, and to imagine solutions that create positive change in their lives and communities.
Creative Alliance Youth Education Programs provide youth with
- High-quality enrichment programs developed by artists
- Creative environment
- Access to professional equipment and supplies
- Studio space to collaborate with other young artists and professional artists
- A safe space to create and be themselves
- Fun and enriching experiences
- Exhibit and perform their artistry
- Develop leadership and organizing skills
- Opportunity to serve on Creative Alliance Teen Council