Reserve su evento en The Creative Alliance →
Desde bodas hasta retiros de empresas, Creative Alliance tiene el espacio.Reserve su evento en The Creative Alliance
Creative Alliance’s Youth Council premieres in 2017! This summer, we welcome seven local youth as Creative Alliance’s first ambassadors. YouthWorks and the Southeast Youth Collaborative provide job training to 128 Baltimore City youth. Nine organizations in Southeast Baltimore are part of the Collaborative, including the Southeast CDC, Banner Neighborhoods, Friends of Patterson Park, Living Classrooms Foundation, Patterson Park Audubon Center, Breath of God Church, Patterson Park Public Charter School, The Intersection and Creative Alliance.
“Summer Jobs Launch Careers” which describes the lasting effect that a productive summer job can have on a person.
GOAL OF THE YOUTHWORKS PROGRAM
The goal of the YouthWorks program is to prepare Baltimore’s City future workforce by helping young people gain basic workforce readiness and career-specific skills. Youthworks provides participants with the opportunity to:
– Earn money while gaining valuable, real-world work experience
– Experience a variety of career possibilities
– Develop positive work habits and attitudes that will help them prepare for future positions and a career
– Learn about the requirements of different jobs and explore future education and training options
– Interact with professional adults in a positive work environment
– To take part in basic financial education activities, youth will learn about checking and savings accounts, budgeting, credit and identity theft prevention.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CREATIVE ALLIANCE YOUTHWORKS WORKSITE
Creative Alliance YouthWorks participants will:
– Gain a better understanding of the day to day operations, staff roles and staff responsibilities within the Creative Alliance.
– Learn about arts/business related training, college and career pathways from Creative Alliance staff and resident artists.
Creative Alliance Teen Council – YouthWorkers Bios
My name is Mariah. I’m going to be a sophomore in college, and I’m studying to become a journalist.
My name is Brunay. I go to Fredrick Douglas High School. When I’m done with high school, I want to become a Registered Nurse.
My name is Chavez. I like to play video games and sports.
I’m Indy and am a rising junior at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, and I like to build things.
My name is Tershar. I am a ninth grader at Dunbar High School and I love football.
My name is Faith, I’m 15! I am an upcoming junior. I like to play basketball.
Edwin A. Perez is dedicated to promoting arts education, literacy, public service and helping young people to be successful. He enjoys working with students, parents, and staff at the Creative Alliance as a «Summer Avenger» and at Baltimore City College High School,where he serves as a Spanish teacher in the International Baccalaureate program.