Front of House & Rentals Manager
Overview: The Front of House and Rentals Manager is responsible for overseeing event management, box office, bar and concessions, and private rentals. Customer service, both internally and with our guests and external stakeholders, is a key focus in this work. This position supervises various part-time staff that are the first point of contact with Creative Alliance audiences. Successful candidates will be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, be detail-oriented, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. This position works Tuesday- Saturday with some remote work possible. Weekends and evenings required.
Events Management, Box Office, Bar/Concessions - 75%
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all part-time event management staff who provide day of event support including interfacing with visiting talent, event set-up and break-down, handling cash deposits and financial reporting for bar, concessions, and box office.
- Work with Creative Alliance event lead staff to ensure all event needs are met and relay needs to staff
- Provide excellent customer service support to patrons, guests, and donors.
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all part-time box office staff
- Identify and work with a contracted position to create a successful bar program including the creation of bar menu, pricing, and training protocols for part-time bar staff.
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all part-time bar staff
- Maintain inventory and order all liquor, bar snacks, goods sold, and bar supplies
- Understand and maintain Square point of sale program and ensure financial accuracy of reports
- Interface with Creative Alliance operation staff to maintain bar equipment- (soda system, ice maker, draft beer systems, fridges, popcorn maker, square equipment)
- Ensure customer service focus a priority for all staff
- Provide shift oversite for all positions, including training of event staff on nights and weekends
- Provide shift coverage for bar, event, box office staff as needed
Facility Rentals – 20%
- Direct the facility rentals program, working with marketing staff on promotion and evaluation
- Manage rentals from initial inquiry to contract negotiation through completion of event
- Coordinate with the technical director to schedule tech needs for rental events
General Administrative – 5%
- Order office materials as needed and work within general office needs budget
- Maintain shared equipment in main office (copier, postage machine, communal computers)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- 3+ years’ experience with facility rentals, private events management, facility operations, and/or theater/club house management
- Experience hiring and supervising staff
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Creative Alliance
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service focus in all work
- Sales experience, preferably for a service
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Computer literate and experience with Square, MS Office suite, Google calendars
- Database experience, Salesforce or Patron Manager preferred
- Familiarity with local arts organizations
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Serve Safe Certification a plus
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Front of House & Rental Manager”
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Performance Director
Compensation: Salary Range of $45,000- $50,000
Hire Date: May 2021
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.