3134 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD, 21224
Wicked Sycamore is an all-female trio hailing from the Baltimore/D.C. area consisting of Juliette Bell on guitar, Lainie Gray on mandolin, and Madeline Waters on cello. Their sound can be described as contemporary folk with a mischievous edge that is grounded in traditional roots, Americana, and bluegrass. They write original music ranging from fun and light-hearted sing-alongs to deep, introspective tunes for the ages. No matter the genre, their music relies heavily on thoughtful arrangement, instrumental prowess, and intricate vocal harmonies. By growing their presence as a collaborative force, they hope to increase female representation as both musicians and songwriters throughout the modern music landscape.
Wicked Sycamore is the 2019 winner of the Charm City Bluegrass band competition and their debut EP, Growing Roots, was nominated for a WAMMIE award. Wicked Sycamore has played around the Mid-Atlantic region at festivals such as DelFest, Charm City Bluegrass Festival, The Ladybug Festival, Kingman Island Bluegrass Festival, DOAH Festival, and Takoma Park Street Festival.
Close (But Not Too Close) Personal Concerts ushers Spring into Baltimore with short (20-30 min) performances that come directly to you.
Performers will come to the confirmed address, text the resident upon arrival and, like a burst of sunlight through these gray skies, share their talents from the sidewalk. The fee for each performance will be shared between the artist and Creative Alliance to help keep the arts thriving in Baltimore!
Voted 'Best Concert Series' by Baltimore Magazine 2020
"The concerts are a way to keep the arts alive and artists employed in these uncertain times with a bootstraps approach that’s truly Baltimore."
• Performers come to the front of your (or loved one's) home and perform for 20-30 minutes.
• Ticket sales end when all slots are booked OR at 8am day of the concerts.
• If there is poor weather, concerts will be rescheduled to the next nice day, if possible.
What if I want to purchase a concert for someone else???
• Just leave the name, address, and cell number of the person the concert is for in the COMMENTS section when you check out online.
What if I live in an apartment?
• Performers will not enter an apartment or shared home but can perform in front of the complex or on the side of a building. This works the best with musicians that project well (horns, trios, etc).