Hot Picks & News
March is Women's History Month!
“Excellence has no sex.” - Eva Hesse
MAR 10 | Letitia VanSant, Anne Watts, QueenEarth, J.Pope: Bmore Songstresses
Four astounding vocalists come together for a night of musical surprises. More Info & Tix
MAR 11 | Exhibition Opening: FATHOM Identity in Abstraction
Creative Alliance resident artist Alfonso Fernandez and sculptor Rachel Rotenberg’s will explore the depths of contemporary abstraction in this new exhibition. Rachel Rotenberg creates an amorphous world of wood sculpture populated by dramatic curving surfaces, intriguingly formed negative spaces, and forceful volumes. “My sculptures are muscular movements with intimate, provocative, mysterious, sensuous and even humorous moments. A single piece represents an amalgam of [these] relationships.” More Info
MAR 11 | Boys for Pele - 21st Anniversary tribute Show
Tori Amos fans rejoice! Baltimore pianist/singer/composer Lauren Aycock Anderson and friends assemble for one night to perform the critically-acclaimed album, Boys for Pele, from start to finish. With the release of Boys for Pele in 1996, thousands of young people learned new ways to express strength, femininity, anger, self-reflection, loss, and yearning. More Info & Tix
MAR 17 | Exhibition Opening: Balancing Act
Viki Keating draws inspiration from vivid colors and textures found in nature and her surroundings in the colorful, fun glass objects she’s created for more than 30 years. More Info
MAR 23 | Film Screening: Eva Hesse
This documentary explores sculptor Eva Hesse’s lively work and the challenges she faced as one of the few women artists to be taken seriously in a field dominated by men in the 1960s downtown New York art scene. More Info & Tix
MAR 24 | An Evening with Jonatha Brooke
Jonatha Brooke has been writing songs, making records and touring since the early 90's, creating a folk /pop sound that brought her widespread radio and major label attention. More Info & Tix
Please check here for all weather updates.
Creative Alliance is CLOSED Tuesday, March 14th due to icy conditions. We will reopen Wednseday for normal hours. Stay safe and warm!
Greetings! We have lots of amazing events this week and are excited to have a building overflowing with Baltimore’s creative spirit.
1. Please plan accordingly. Take plenty of extra time to travel the streets of Baltimore and find street parking, if that is how you plan to visit with us.
2. Even better: walk, take public transportation, taxi, car share services like Uber or Lyft or at the very least, carpool. Use code HEKE11 for $10 off your first Lyft ride if you are a new user.
3. Did you know Creative Alliance has a parking lot? It is true. It is located just across from us on East Ave. We have limited parking available for all events for $8 per spot. Please purchase in advance via creativealliance.org or directly through the box office at 410-276-1651
4. Considering other spaces for parking? There is a covered parking lot at 550 S. Eaton St, a quick seven blocks east of Creative Alliance. Consider parking there and walking to us.
Enjoy the Show!
- The Creative Alliance Team