POSITION: Marketing Intern
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD (Highlandtown)
CONTACT: Heather Keating, Marketing & Communications Manager
Creative Alliance, Baltimore’s premier multi-arts center, seeks a Marketing Intern. S/he helps promote the 200+ annual events at Creative Alliance, ranging from hip hop shows, to blues and other musical performances, screenings, arts workshops, our restaurant Clementine, and education programs. The intern will work on various aspects of marketing in a fast-paced environment. The position is unpaid, but eligible for college credit. Position requires a minimum of 8 hours a week and a minimum 3 month commitment.
- Produce email/print flyers using a template.
- Aid in the development of visual material for bulk emails and social media promotion.
- Aid in the print production of marketing materials as needed (soliciting bids from printers, managing workflow, etc.)
- Pitch performances to listservs, bloggers, and such interest groups
- Populate event calendars (City Paper, Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Fun Guide, etc.) with Creative Alliance events.- Edit and update website copy and images as needed.
- Write Google Ads account by writing ads for all events, monitoring ad performance, and designing landing pages to drive traffic to the site.
- Physically distribute postcards and posters around Baltimore.
- Send out customer surveys post-performance on audience make-up, preferences, and attendance.
- Aid in finding and editing images for digital communications
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with basic marketing principles (market segmentation, effective ad copy, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace)
- Familiarity with HTML, or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with Adobe Programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or willingness to learn.
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org